- Student Life
- Support SC
We value the insight, experience and diversity that international students bring to the Sterling experience. We invite you to join our student body to develop your intellect in a rigorous academic environment and your spirituality on our Christian campus. Come join our friendly community of students, staff and professors as you make Sterling your second home.
Steps for Application
1. Apply for admission via mail or online. The $25.00 application fee is waived for international students. The Fall Semester deadline is July 15; the Spring Semester deadline is December 15.
2. Submit official transcripts from all secondary schools and colleges you have attended. If transcripts are written in another language, a certified English translation is required. An additional fee may be required if transcripts need to be translated.
3. Submit all standardized test scores, such as school-exit exams or country-wide tests.
4. Provide proof of English proficiency by completing the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if English is not your primary language. The required score is 525 for paper,195 for computer based, or 70 for internet based. Sterling College does not have an intensive English language program.
5. Pay for one year (tuition, room and board) less any scholarships or outside aid. Sterling College cannot release the I-20 form or submit student information to SEVIS until you have deposited the funds to cover expenses for your first year.
6. Provide documentation of sufficient financial resources for the full year.
7. Provide proof of health insurance before the first day of classes. International students wishing to purchase health insurance may do so through Sterling College Business Office.
Passport and Visa
In order to come to the United States for study, you must obtain a passport from your government and a visa from the U. S. Embassy. In order to attend college in the U.S., you should apply for the F-1 Visa. This is an academic visa granted only upon presentation of a completed I-20 form. Care must be taken to observe all regulations of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Documents required for visa interview include:
1. Valid passport
3. Evidence of your acceptance to Sterling College (acceptance letter)
4. Evidence of your finances (bank statement)
5. Other documentation required by embassy/consulate (check their website)
Documents required for entry to the U.S.:
1. Valid passport
3. F-1 Visa
Travel to Sterling
Sterling College is located in Sterling, Kan., which is in the center of the state. Sterling is approximately one hour (60 miles) from Wichita, Kan., and four hours (220 miles) from Kansas City, Mo.
By Air: Students should fly into the Mid-Continent Airport in Wichita, Kan.
By Train: The closest train station in located in Hutchinson, Kan., approximately 25 miles away.
By Bus: The closest bus terminal is located in Wichita, Kan.
Arrangements to be picked up at the Wichita airport, bus terminal, or the Hutchinson train station are available. Ask your admissions counselor for contact information.
- Request Info
- Meet Your Counselor
- Visit Campus
- Financial Aid
- Online Programs
- First Time Here?
- Home-School Students
- Honors Program
- International Students
- Transfer Students
- California Connection
- New Student Orientation 2013