- Student Life
- Support SC
A Strategic Investment in Higher Education
A Dynamic Mission
Sterling College is a Christ-centered, four-year college located in Sterling, Kansas, with a mission to develop creative and thoughtful leaders who understand a maturing Christian faith.
For 125 years, Sterling has been transforming the lives of students. Our charge to develop servant leaders who will go out and change the world is being strengthened as we serve our students and make improvements to campus. For many students, their experience at Sterling College is marked by transformative change. Your participation in Sterling's mission is essential to this transition.
The 2012-2013 Sterling Fund goal is $1,000,000
The Sterling Fund is an opportunity for alumni and friends to participate in the transforming mission of the College in the lives of the students.
"A Christ-centered education is an invaluable gift. I treasure the educational experience I had at Sterling. Giving to the Sterling Fund enables individuals to impact the next generation by ensuring that the College is able to do what it does extremely well - equip students with a worldview for serving Christ. Gary and I enjoy visiting campus and watching young people enthusiastically learning how they can become Christ's hands and feet in this world."
"Contributing to Sterling College is our way of returning bit-by-bit the huge investment the College made in us. Thank you. Giving to the Sterling Fund helps prepare the next generation of servant leaders. They have a big job to do. Supporting Sterling's mission is one important way we give back to Jesus Christ. It all belongs to Him. Remembering Sterling College reminds us where we found each other. Thank you again."
"For my 40th birthday, my wife surprised me by creating the Woodbury Scholarship. I can think of no better gift! It enables a student to benefit every year and makes a positive impact in a world in need of thoughtful engagement and moral leadership. Sterling contributed greatly to the development of my character. I'm proud to continue the tradition of support to Sterling that was started by my grandfather, George Woodbury."
Four reasons why your participation matters
- It enables students to study and graduate from Sterling - Tuition does not cover the entire cost of a Sterling education. Your giving fills the gap between what students pay and the actual cost. As a college student, you were likely the recipient of the financial gifts of alumni and friends, even if you were unaware at the time.
- Great colleges are built by their alumni - Your participation in giving means more than the size of your gift. No institution rises above the commitment of its alumni and friends to support the mission of the school. Reputations are built one year at a time, and the value of a Sterling diploma grows in relationship to alumni support.
- It helps with student recruitment - Your giving contributes directly to the scholarships the College is able to offer to prospective students. The more scholarship money the College has to offer, the more students will come to Sterling.
- It is an important signal to foundations as they consider support for Sterling - Many foundations ask about alumni giving, and will make giving decisions in part based on the percentage of alumni who give to the College. Your gift matters.
- Sterling College is a four-year college with a tradition of providing Christ-centered liberal arts education since its founding in 1887.
- Sterling has more than 20 majors and over 50 programs of studies, including several online programs.
- The student/faculty ratio is 14/1.
- A campus-wide program for spiritual growth features traditional chapel services, Bible studies, alternative chapel options, student-initiated worship times and service projects, on-campus leadership opportunities, and a variety of student ministry opportunities both local and global.
- Approximately 1 in 4 students participated in cross-cultural team experiences in 2011-2012.
- Tuition for 2012-2013 is $20,950, with room, board and tuition totaling $28,000.
- Virtually every student receives financial assistance/scholarship assistance from Sterling College.
- Sterling has 14 intercollegiate men's and women's teams (NAIA).
- The 2011 Freshman class included students from 32 states and two countries and had a minority rate of 18%.
- Seventy-eight percent of the 2012 graduating class completed either an internship or clinical teaching during their time at SC.