As a financial aid recipient, you have the right to:
• Accept, reject, or seek adjustment to your financial aid award without prejudice.
• Know how much aid you will receive per semester and when it will be disbursed.
• Know the terms of any Work Study eligibility you are offered.
• Know the interest rate of any loan offered to you, the amount you must repay, the repayment procedures, the length of time you have to repay the loan, and when repayment begins.
• Access your financial aid file.
• Seek financial aid counseling.
• Privacy of your financial aid information as outlined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974
• Receive financial aid as long as you maintain eligibility and funds are available.
As a financial aid recipient, you have the responsibility to:
• Be prepared to pay any balance due after financial aid has been applied.
• Know that if you are in Title IV default or overpayment, you will not be eligible for Title IV funding.
• Notify your Sterling College work study supervisor if you withdraw from classes or drop below six credits.
• Provide accurate factual information on all financial aid forms requested within 30 days of the request.
• Notify the Registrar of any change in name or address.
• If necessary, drop/withdraw courses following the official withdrawal procedure.
• Notify the Financial Aid office of any additional financial aid/scholarships that you receive.
• Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
• Reapply for financial assistance annually.