Student Complaint Policy and Process

It is the policy of Sterling College to provide an effective and acceptable means for a student to bring problems or concerns to the attention of the institution for review and resolution. Institutional complaint procedures are recorded in the student handbook under Procedure for Addressing Complaints

If you have followed the procedures listed in the student handbook and have not received a timely response, please contact the VP of Student Life ( for further instructions on how to proceed.Sterling College students may also submit a formal complaint online.

Complaint Form

Sterling College Online's complaint process can be found here.


Other State Board Complaint Contacts

State Board of Education (Teacher Licensure)


The appropriate Kansas State Board will review, investigate and resolve complaints. See the list at for additional relevant State of Kansas Agencies


State Consumer Protection Complaints

Complaints related to state consumer protection laws (for example: laws related to fraud or false advertising) shall be referred to the Consumer Protection division in the office of the Kansas Attorney General and shall be reviewed, investigated and resolved by that Unit:

Phone: 1-800-432-2310 or 785-296-3751

120 SW 10th Ave.

2nd Floor,

Topeka, KS 66612)


Accreditation Standards Complaints

Allegations regarding noncompliance with accreditation standards, policies, and procedures may be sent to HLC, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604. The Commission’s complaint policy, procedure and the Complaint form may be found on their website at


Unresolved Complaints

We sincerely hope that utilizing the list above will address any concerns that may arise. However, if you live outside Kansas and wish to file a complaint with your state, please consult the Kansas Board of Regents Complaint form for SARA institutions. This only applies to online students who reside outside of Kansas.