Financial Aid Forms


Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

  • The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (known as the FAFSA) is a form that has to be prepared annually by current and prospective college students (undergraduate and graduate) in the United States to determine their eligibility for student financial aid.

Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal form

  • Federal student financial assistance regulations require Sterling College, as an institution offering federal student financial assistance, to measure Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) of each attending student on a regular basis. SAP, as assessed by Sterling College’s Financial Aid Office is separate and distinct from a student’s academic standing as determined by his/her college or academic unit at Sterling College. SAP is a method of measuring a student’s progress toward program completion. To be eligible for federal aid, a student must maintain satisfactory academic progress. SAP is measured through the use of qualitative and quantitative tests. Qualitative tests reference a student’s grades (e.g. cumulative GPA) and quantitative tests reference how much time has elapsed since the student began his/her program of study (i.e. length/duration).

Loan Forms

FERPA Release Form

Financial Aid Eligibility Appeal Checklist