Ownership & Mission
Sterling College Bookstore is a self-supporting, auxiliary enterprise, owned and operated by Sterling College. We exist to serve the College Community by delivering services and products in an environment that reflects the excellence of Sterling College and supports its mission in a financially responsible manner. All proceeds contribute to student success.
In high school, most of your textbooks were free. When you come to college, you’ll need to purchase your own textbooks and everything else you need for classes and campus life. That’s where Sterling College Bookstore comes in. Although we don’t sell textbooks in the campus store, our most important job is to find out which textbooks your professors have selected to use in your classes and make sure those books are ready for purchase before your classes begin.
Order your textbooks through our online bookstore
Sterling College has partnered with MBS Direct (a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble) to bring you Sterling's official bookstore. Our online bookstore brings together the buying power of a large book retailer in Barnes & Noble, with the convenience and personal feel of a small college bookstore.
- Personalized Convenience – When you enter your Student ID number on the website, your schedule with all of your book options will be pre-loaded. You can buy all of your books at one site with one swipe.
- Financial Aid Credit Accepted
- Flat Rate Shipping - Shipping for each order of books is just $3.95.
- Fast Service – Guaranteed out the door within 24 hours. Most orders (except Marketplace orders) arrive in 3-4 business days.
- Hassle-Free Returns - See directions below.
- Guaranteed buyback – You know how much you will get back at the end of the semester for selected books before you buy.
- Choices – You will have the flexibility to choose to buy new, buy used, rent, buy digital, rent digital or use the marketplace.
- Accuracy – The SC online bookstore will help you make sure ISBN numbers and editions are correct.
- 24/7 customer support - You can contact MBS Direct at 1-800-325-3252 or email@example.com.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORDERING YOUR TEXTBOOKS:
- Click the red ORDER TEXTBOOKS button above, then LET’S GET STARTED.
- Shop by Schedule: Enter your student ID, then click VIEW YOUR MATERIALS to find courses and textbook requirements for your schedule.
- OR -
Shop by Course:
A. Click on YOUR TERM and then your term
B. Click on ON CAMPUS or ONLINE
C. Select your courses on the YOUR COURSE ID drop down menu.
D. Click on VIEW YOUR MATERIALS
- Select books to buy, add to cart and go to checkout. Create an account or log in.
- Choose Shipping Option: Click Use School Address and pick up from the campus store; or click Use A Different Address and fill in address desired.
- Fill in Billing Address and choose Shipping Method. Use Expedited Shipping for Marketplace orders placed less than 3 weeks before beginning of term.
- Choose Payment Method: MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, PayPal, or Voucher. Students eligible for a voucher will receive an email with their Voucher ID and amount available.
Log in to your account to check the status of your your order. Call MBS Direct 24/7 at 1-800-325-3252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you still have questions.
Drop a class? End up with two copies of the same title? MBS Direct's Hassle-Free Returns to the rescue!
Print textbooks/course materials purchased directly from MBS Direct may be returned within 2 weeks after class start date or within 21 days of date shipped, whichever is later.
- Log in to your account
- Go to the Return Center under your orders
- Select the item(s) you want to return
- Generate a pre-paid UPS return label, package your book(s) and take them to the Sterling College Mailroom. The cost of return shipping will be deducted from your return credit.
It's all about putting some money back in your pocket! How? Simple - sell your textbooks back.
MBS will conduct a cash buy in the campus store during finals week in December and May. In many cases, they will purchase books that were not purchased from their website. Buyback prices are mostly based on supply and demand, but there are several other factors they use to determine how much CASH you can get back for your used textbooks, including the condition of the book, whether your instructor has requested your book for next term, and overstocks and old editions not being used on campus.
MBS Direct will also purchase books through their website:
- Click on the red "Order Textbooks" button at the top of this page.
- Click on "Menu"
- Click on "Sell Your Textbooks"
- Log in or create an account and proceed as directed
- Package your book(s) and take them to the Sterling College Mailroom. Shipping is free. You will receive a check in the mail.
Campus Store Location & Hours
The campus store is conveniently located just outside the east entrance to the Student Union. We are open weekdays 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Click on the blue button above or go to scwarriorshop.com to order everything carried in the campus store (except gift cards) for delivery or campus store pickup.
Don't Miss Out
Email email@example.com and ask to be added to our email list or follow us on Facebook (SCBookstore), Twitter (@scwarriorshop), Instagram (scwarriorshop), or SnapChat (scbookstore), for information about sales, promotions, new merchandise, secret social media-only sales, contests and more!
Clothing & Souvenirs
Show your Warrior pride! We have something for every Warrior fan. We carry men’s and women’s clothing featuring Nike and Blue 84. Check out our selection of children’s and infant wear. Browse a wide variety of unique souvenirs such as stickers, magnets, key rings, pennants, ornaments, ID holders, and drinkware.
Check out our selection of charging cables, smartphone accessories, surge protectors, iPhone adapters, flash drives, headphones, calculators, batteries, and more!
School & Art Supplies
Students need more than textbooks for their classes: they need general supplies and/or art supplies and other course materials to complete the requirements of their courses. The Sterling College Bookstore works with instructors from many departments to stock required items for classes in the campus store.
We carry Christian and inspirational gifts, Bibles, journals, Divine Servant gifts, and Kansas souvenirs. Gift cards are available in any denomination. You don’t need to leave campus to shop!
The campus store accepts cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, debit cards, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Android Pay. We also offer Gift Cards and WarriorCash, a declining balance account which requires an advance deposit. Call or stop by to open or deposit to a WarriorCash account or to purchase gift cards.
We are ready to help
We're here for you! You might be surprised at what we have on hand to help make your school year a successful and enriching experience. Come in and see everything for yourself. Call, email, or message us if you have any questions or concerns. We are here to assist and support you throughout your school years and beyond.
Debbie Staton, Manager
Sterling College Bookstore
125 W Cooper St
Sterling, KS 67579
All proceeds contribute to student success.