Transcript Request Information

There are two types of academic records.  An official transcript and an unofficial transcript.  An official transcript is a certified, copy of your permanent academic record. 

Official Transcript

Currently we DO NOT have the ability to send official electronic transcripts.  Please print out the Transcript Request form (PDF) and mail, fax, or email it to:

Sterling College
Office of the Registrar
125 W Cooper
Sterling, KS 67579
Fax 620-708-4332

Transcript request forms are also available on campus in the Office at the Registrar; located in the Kelsey Administration building.

Please Note:

  • There is a charge for each copy of your transcript.

  • We will not release any records without a handwritten signature.

  • Payment must accompany your request.

  • No one else may pick up your transcript without your written permission. We must have your authorization in writing identifying the person and your signature.

  • Please allow 2-5 business days for processing.  Please also allow additional time during holidays or at the end of a semester.

  • Official transcripts will not be processed if there is any outstanding financial obligation to Sterling College account or if your student loans are in default.

  • Full social security numbers may appear on transcripts with courses taken prior to 1990.

What will prevent your transcript being issued:

  • Financial holds

  • No signature

  • Insufficient information on the transcript request form

  • Incorrect payment method (declined credit cards, insufficient information etc…)

Unofficial Transcript

If you are a current student you may access your unofficial transcript online by using the Student Information System (MySterling).

If you are a former student or attended another program through Sterling College, you will need to submit a transcript request form in order to receive a copy of your unofficial transcript.

Other Program Transcripts

Mile High Ministry (Denver Urban Semester)
Please note that not all students who attended this program will have a Sterling College transcript.  Only those who specifically registered and paid for the dual enrollment program will have a record.

Tarkio College
The Tarkio College Continuing Education program closed in May, 1991.  We house transcripts for those students who attended this program under the Sterling College name. (1991-1997) Post 1997 students should refer to Southwest Baptist University – Bolivar MO

All other Tarkio transcripts are located at:

NW Missouri State University
Office of the Registrar
800 University Drive
Maryville, MO 64468