* Transferable credits will be determined by the SC registrar upon receipt of transcripts from all colleges/universities that the student has attended.
** Only classes from a regionally accredited college/university will transfer.
Only those courses with a C- or better will transfer to SC, however a lower grade will still be calculated into a student’s GPA when being considered for admission. Transfer students may transfer no more than 65 hours from a two-year institution. If a student has accumulated more than 65 hours from a four-year institution, those hours will still be considered for transferable credit.
Steps to Transferring and Scholarship Information
1. Fill out an application either online or written and submit it to the SC Admissions office.
2. Contact all institutions in which you have attended and request that your transcripts be sent to our admissions office.
3. When the application is accepted you will be asked to pay a $100 deposit ($50 for commuters) to reserve your place in the dorm and in class.
4. You will be contacted about the registration and enrollment procedures when enrollment begins.
Any transfer student with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better on transferable credits is eligible to receive a transfer scholarship. See scholarship options.
How Will My Courses Transfer?
To learn which courses may transfer, find the college or university you previously attended in the Transfer Equivalency System. Not all courses may have an equivalency at this time. If your college is not listed, or you cannot find course equivalencies, please contact the Admission Department at email@example.com.