Study Hall is a service provided by the Academic Support Office, for students on academic probation, or on a voluntary basis for any student. It is a service that allows for students who struggle with time management to have a structured study time with the Academic Support Director, or an involvement director/coach.
If you would like to inquire more information about Study Hall, please contact the Academic Support Office at email@example.com.
Study Hall Policy
Because of the importance of study hall, and out of respect for fellow students using the center, the following guidelines have been established:
- Non-athletes who are assigned study hall are required to attend a minimum of two hours of study hall each week. Each study session lasts one hour.
- Student-athletes’ coaches might require students to attend study hall more than the typical two hours per week. Athletes must fulfill the requirement determined by their coach. Each study session lasts one hour.
- Students must check-in and out of study hall with their coach, and/or study hall supervisor.
- Students must sit in the designated study hall area.
- Students must bring textbooks and assignments to work on during study hall. If they do not have any assignments, they should bring a book to read.
- Study hall is strictly for studying. Students are prohibited from checking email, talking on a cell phone, sending text messages, browsing Facebook, playing games, visiting with others in the library, or doing anything else that is not class-related.
- If students are unable to attend a scheduled study hall appointment, they must let their coach, or study hall supervisor know ahead of time and reschedule the time.
- Every time students miss a study hall without rescheduling beforehand, it will be reported to their coach (if applicable), and to their RD.
If students consistently miss scheduled study hall appointments, their coaches may be notified (as permissible in accordance with FERPA guidelines).
If you have questions or need to set up a study hall schedule, please contact Academic Support at 620-278-4463 or firstname.lastname@example.org